After five weeks of the good life, I (Erik) came out of retirement today and re-joined the working world. I managed to find my way to work and back without getting lost, so the day was a resounding success. My first day at work was a blur. . .but a really awesome blur. The best part, of course, was the first day free food - fruit and bagels for breakfast and a huge Greek lunch. And, as it turns out, the free food won't stop, because every floor is stocked with free food and drinks, and on one floor we have the "Super Pantry," which is basically a small grocery store. . .where everything is free.
Another great perk, especially for anyone who wants to come visit, is that we get free admission to every major museum in the City. So, come on out, and see where they filmed "Night at the Museum" on us!
Katy will also be coming out of retirement soon, as her job search officially started today. She is turning in applications and scheduling interviews this week, so before too long, we'll be able to eat again. (We will still accept donations of cookies. Or money to be used on cookies. Or money that you think will be used on cookies, but will really be used for beer.)
We are starting to feel a bit like locals. Go Yankees! Or Mets! Or whichever team is better.
With love,
Katy and Erik
2 comments:
Great timing...I am just getting ready to go back into retirement. Cookies will be along shortly (did I mention that I come with them?!) however, I doubt that you two are starving. Didn't you mention that the grocery store is closer to your front door now than your mailbox was in Keller?
It does sound like you are eating your way across New York!
L
Dad
Post a Comment